Saturday, December 10, 2005

Wrapping Up


Whew! I can’t believe class is over except for finals. Javon and I had a lot of fun making our board game and it was great to see and play everyone else’s on Thursday. This whole class has been great. It’s probably been one of my 2 favorite classes (the other one would be Chorale, and it’s always been a fav no matter what). I think the only part I didn’t like was –I Wanna See Some of those Films Again!!!!!! Once isn’t enough! I know, time constraints. Oh well. That’s the only complaint I have. This class really taught me how to look at films in a different way, and helped me realize I need to get out of my Christian box and form some judgments about my world. I’ve never really gotten to voice my opinions until now I think I realized that I don’t have very many or that they’re not very strong. Anyway, I also KNOW now that I chose the right major. I went into this basically seeing and liking the end result and thinking I’d like to be part of that end result. Sure, I had a 1-week crash course in 3D Studio Max, but that was the ENTIRE EXTENT of my experience. One Friday night I was bored and lonely because there was practically no one on my floor, so I decided to try something. I decided to try to make an animation using vine charcoal. There’s a CSI quote from the pilot episode where Catherine is telling Holley reasons not to quit and she tells her: “Stick with it. At least until you solve your first. And after that, if you don't feel like King Kong on cocaine, then you can quit.” I don’t know what exactly THAT feels like, but I was actually really excited when I was attempting this short film. I guess I finally realized I can do this. Now there is no doubt in my mind this is where I should be.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home