Tuesday, November 01, 2005

Dogs and Cats


One of the films we watched today was "The Dog Who was a Cat Inside." It was a really cute story about acceptance. A dog was a cat inside and the two fought at first, until in the end he meets a cat who was a dog inside and everything was great. The reason I chose to blog on this one is I LOVE the different style of animation. It's 3D, but it's flattened. The colors are vibrant and I've read things where people said this style kind of looks like a moving postcard. It's true, it does. I've only seen this style of animation in one other film before: "Olive! The Other Reindeer" - a really adorable Christmas movie. I guess I never realized that "Olive" was really CG animation, but now it makes sense. I guess I like this style because it's so different, and it doesn't try to mimic real life. I think I also like it because somewhere in there I can kind of foresee getting my cows into this kind of format. :) I've wondered before how I might change them to 3 dimensional, but I really don't think their meant to be viewed in 3D - their meant to be viewed as flat. I really like the CG environment though. Overall, this was a really cute film!

This picture is from "Olive! The Other Reindeer."

1 Comments:

Blogger Breadwig said...

Hey Hannah,

I love Olive the Other Reindeer too, did you know it's based on a children's book by artist J. Otto Seibold? He was one of the first illustrators to do children's books using computer graphics. It's all in the design. You don't even notice it's computer graphics because the style is so wonderful.

I just love his work. My favorite book of his is still Mr. Lunch. Check it out sometime. I could totally see your cows developed along these lines as well.

You can see more of his work at http://www.jotto.com/

Bryan (Prof. B)

10:25 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home