Sunday, November 13, 2005

Music Videos

We watched some pretty cool music videos in class the other day. They used some pretty nifty techniques. I can't say that ever watched MTV when I was little, because, like most of my classmates confessed, it wasn't really allowed. I did grow up on music videos though. My dad and I use to sit around and watch CMT all the time. There also used to be a wonderful channel that had Christian music videos - that's how I was introduced to Michael W. Smith and several other artists I now really enjoy. I suppose it's a little hard for me to comment on current music videos - one, because I don't get cable at home, and two - I stopped listening to most secular music a while ago. All this talk about music videos kind of makes me miss them though. In some cases they really put pictures with the songs, and in other cases they were just fun. There were some pretty good ones. The TV isn't really a very reliable source for them though, all the music channels have too many programs on them now.

2 Comments:

Blogger Tyler said...

Hey animation partner! I too wasn't allowed to watch MTV, but I also loved watching CMT, mainly because I really like country music. I also really like contemporary christian artists, mainly Mark Schultz - he's awesome! Lately I've been hearing a lot of people say that they can't stand the christian music industry. I really don't understand why a lot of people say that christian music isn't good music? I like a lot of it? I see what your saying about music channels now, but I wish they would just go back to showing only music videos, and then TV would be a great source! Oh well, see ya

2:30 AM  
Blogger Tyler said...

That isn't the only music I listen too, in fact I like most of everything to an extent! But I can see what your saying. I'm just a big fan of songs that tell stories and have good vocals to them really! I will check out those artists you refered to though!
Oh and by the way, I really liked your music too! Jason showed some of us in the animation class some of your stuff on itunes
thanks for the hope!!

11:49 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home