Thursday, October 04, 2007

Well, that Worked Well

As the title says. Yeah, that last post is from March. Hmm. It's October. I just never remember to actually get on here. Anyway, I'm posting now cause it's something to do. I just got back from working in the 2D design lab finishing my assignment for tomorrow. I lifeguard at 6:00am in the morning. Why go to sleep? I probably wouldn't wake up to make it to work. So, I'm blogging, then I'm gonna go shower, then I think I'll read some of the novel I just started - The Prestige by Christopher Priest. It's the book the movie The Prestige is based off of. That movie is amazing, so I thought I'd try the book. (I highly recommend the movie by the way) I just finished another James Michner novel a day or two ago. The Source. All 1078 pages, or something like that. I like Michner's stuff, they're just so long. Even for an avid and fairly fast reader like me. It still took me 3 months! Anyway, in case your interested, The Source is basically the story of Israel and Judaism, from the caveman days on up to 1960-something. I guess you have a right to have that long of a book if you're covering that much history.

I love to read, in case you hadn't figured that out yet. Here are some other books I highly recommend:
The Chronicles of Narnia (I recommend reading book 2, then 1, then the rest in order)
Centennial (also a Michner book - don't judge it by the first few chapters - the story really doesn't start until the Indians show up; why he thought he had to spend page after page talking about migrating land masses I'll never know)
Grimm's Fairy Tales
CSI novels by Max Allen Collins
Captivating by John and Staci Eldridge
Velvet Elvis by Rob Bell
just about anything by Dean Koontz - my personal favs are "From the Corner of His Eye" and "Velocity"
Liz Curtis Higgs books: "Thorn in my Heart," "Fair is the Rose," "Whence came a Prince," and "Grace in Thine Eyes" (it's a series)

Well, enough randomness for one night. I think I'll go shower. Too-del-oo!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home